Snowflake Eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Konrade

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 29 gallon with 21-22 pounds of lr and 2 bio-wheels. As of now i have 2 damsels and an arrow crab. In the near future I want to take out the 2 damsels and put them into my 10 gallon. Would this be okay? I know it might be a little crowded but i think i might be able to do it. I want to have snowflake eel and a fuzzy dwarf lionfish. Can I do this? Also, what kind of care does a snowflake eel require, and can i put some ghost shrimp and silversides in there to feed both of them? Any input would be greatly appreciated, especially about the snowflake. TIA

a 29 wouldnt hold either , trust me its tempting to get a snowflake I had one in my 37 gal the eel was very small but it out grew it , a snowflake eel doesnt belong in a tank smaller 55 beause they grow rapidly and can die because of stress and they take up all your bioload

yeah i would agree....i have one in my 90 and hes easily 30 inches long and hes fat...hes eats about 12-15 krill every three days....they are a huge factor on the bioload...their poop looks like my lizards haaha

Please do not be tempted to do it. It would be very tight quarters in no time.

Back
Top Bottom