Snowflake Eel in My Reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not very good pics but its the best I could get, he's too fast for me, he owns this little cave in the tank, perfect little spot for him to chill, its the only cave in the tank that he could hide in, and that rock has the most under the sand bed space, excuse the wires I was just mocking up my taos.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140303_215723.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140303_215723.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 86
  • ForumRunner_20140303_215745.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140303_215745.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 100
  • ForumRunner_20140303_215809.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140303_215809.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 78
Nice rock work. Are you going to add corals? I've started planting zoas and other encrusting corals once they are established I will add the eel to help take care of my chromis problem :)

Nice rock work. Are you going to add corals? I've started planting zoas and other encrusting corals once they are established I will add the eel to help take care of my chromis problem :)

Thanks, it took me about 3-4hrs of moving and taking a step back and making trips back to my lrs to get small filler rocks, and it was a big mess but now im happy with it.

Well guys I've switched to krill and im never looking back, he loves em! I gave him 4 and he looked starving so I gave him 2 more and he threw one up so ill stay with 4 for now. Hes so much more docile with a full stomach, I do need to feed my other fish before him though, my caramel clown was a little too fearless and came in to investigate and almost got chomped!

Well guys I've switched to krill and im never looking back, he loves em! I gave him 4 and he looked starving so I gave him 2 more and he threw one up so ill stay with 4 for now. Hes so much more docile with a full stomach, I do need to feed my other fish before him though, my caramel clown was a little too fearless and came in to investigate and almost got chomped!

Lol....I call krill "fish crack"

I have a 14 in long snowflake and he never bothers the other fish. He used to try when he was smaller, but I would tap on the tank and he would stop. Then I would feed him right away. He mostly eats silversides with a few krill now and then. I also have the top of my tank completely open. He never tries to get out any more. I guess he learned his lesson the 2 times he did get out

I've had him for almost a year now. He was only about 5 inches when I got him. He's so acclimated to the other fish that one of my 2 inch damsels shares his cave with him

That's good to hear, I hope mine acclimated that well with my reef dwelling fish.

He should. Mine is a reef tank also. I have 2 damsels a yellow tail blue tang and a clown with him

Back
Top Bottom