snowflake eel question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

destructo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I just got a snowflake eel about a day ago or so. I was told he was to be fed two times a day. But sense Igot him he doesnt seem like he wants to eat at all. I think he took a bight out of the silversides igot him because their was a peace missing out of him lol but i was just wondering if it was because he was still very new to the tank or if maybe their was another problem i dont know about just yet all the levels in the tank are good any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Perform a "Search' on this forum as this has been discussed before I believe. Twice a week is plenty.

Thanks i understand feeding the eel twice a week is good but the problem is he isnt eating at all i did a search and didnt find any threads about it.

well if you have only had him for 2 days.. im sure he had ate from the lfs before you got him... so its possible he just isnt ready to eat yet.

one more question.. what was the lfs feeding him? goldfish or something? if he is use to moving food, you may want to try a ghost shrimp, or a molly of some sort, see if he goes after it.. that will tell you really quickly if he is ok or not lol

lol wait did you just say you may want to try a ghost shrimp or a molly but then right after you said please dont feed him ghost shrimp or a minnow? kind of contradictory dont you think?

I got some live fish called rosies and tried that but he still doesn't want anything to do with them I also got some garlic extreme and injected one of my thawed silver sides with a little of the garlic put it on some tongs and its sitting in front of his face :mad: and he still doesnt seem to want it. I got the eel at pet land they said they feed it frozen food or food that was frozen then thawed I just dont want the eel to die I wouldnt be to happy personally its been two days now with out him eating I would think he is getting pretty hungry by now.

It has only been 4 days, give it time. Morays have been known to fast 6 months and if the lfs had fed it previous to purchase you should be ok ;) I take it the eel looks somewhat cylindrical without any sunken areas of the body?...

yea he is pretty fat lol but I actually saw him eating last night I put some silver sides in the tank and he was eating at like 3 in the morning he wont eat unless no one is around lol but thanks for all your help. To anyone who wants to try it injecting silver sides after they are thawed with only a little of garlic extreme seems to work pretty **** well to get carnivors to eat.

Back
Top Bottom