Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-25-2004, 01:12 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to prisoner1572 Send a message via Yahoo to prisoner1572
Snowflake safe with other fish?

I have a blenny and two clowns. Would I be able to have a snowflake eel with these fish. A book I read siad that you can keep snowflakes with other fish because they are not that aggresive. Is this only true if the other fish are big ones?

prisoner1572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 11:07 AM   #2
Snowflakes are usually pretty doscile as long as they are kept properly fed. The clowns should be fine but I would urge caution on gobies and blennies. Any species that may have a tendancy to burrow for that matter. IME, the eel likes to take over other "homes" and will often kill the fish in the process. Don't forget, eels are night predators when most other fish will be sleeping so they can fall prey quite easily.

Old 09-25-2004, 11:20 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
What kind of blenny?
I have a SFE with 2 clowns, ember blenny, psudochromis and he bothers no one. They are not fish eaters, they are more of crustacean eaters thats why their teeth are different then other eels. But as Steve says you need to keep him fed because if he gets hungry then all beats are off.
I made a pile of LR just for my eel so he has his own home and dose not bother anyone else.
9/02-125 REEF, 125 lbs LR,LS 4x160 VHO, Reef Devil /Sump, Fuge
7/03-55 FOWLR 60lb LR, 50 lb SD sand 2x40 NO strip light, Reef Devil/sump, Fuge

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote

flake, safe, snowflake

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com