So a spill happened a few months ago?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
About two or three months ago, I was messing around in my tank, and I accidentally pulled off one of the tubes from my canister filter, spilling and splashing water on the bottom of my wooden stand (from walmart) and on the carpet. Horrible mistake. once I cleaned up, I went back to making sure everything else was secure, and I did another mistake of pulling it AGAIN!!!! last time I work on my stuff at 3 am... -.- this time saltwater got on the wall and around or possible in the outlet, and surge protector... I let everything dry for a day and plugged everything back in.

I know it is kinda late to post this, but I've started to worry about the saltwater causing corrosion? Is it dangerous to keep everything plugged in and going? The power did not trip etc, but i'm worried about the long term effects.

EDIT: Fluval canister 206, 29 Gallon saltwater tank.

Your reef outlets really need to be GFI's they will trip a long time before the power strip will, might save your live some day

Back
Top Bottom