So all I need is a Protein Skimmer and nothing else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XXFirefighter

Aquarium Advice Addict
From what I have been reading all I need to add to the tank for filtration is a skimmer? Is a Aqua C Remora good enough ?

55 gallon tank
55-60 pounds of live sand
55-60 pounds of live rock
and a Aqua C Remora

will be good for a fish only tank?
No need to add a XP3 canister filter or anything else?
Thanks !
Rich

you have filtration already, the live rock and the sand bed are filtration. If you add a canister filter, or other form of filter, you are making the systems go against each other. The sandbed and liverock will be fighting to handle the nitrate that the other filter produces.

Hara said:
you have filtration already, the live rock and the sand bed are filtration. If you add a canister filter, or other form of filter, you are making the systems go against each other. The sandbed and liverock will be fighting to handle the nitrate that the other filter produces.

Right so the remora C skimmer is all I need then right?

Hey XX i have a Remora and i'm very satisfied with it . However I would get the Pro if I were you since the regular would be border line for a 55G
Enjoy !

Michel said:
Hey XX i have a Remora and i'm very satisfied with it . However I would get the Pro if I were you since the regular would be border line for a 55G
Enjoy !

I was thinking that too ! I like to overkill things too !
Thanks ! :)

Back
Top Bottom