Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-09-2004, 07:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
So how many clown/anemone compatability charts are there?

Ok, there is so much contradictory information out there Im just going to ask you guys.
I have a true perc. I have a 30 gal tank with PLENTY of MH light.
What would be a good anemone? I was thinking Entacmaea quadicolor would work, but 50% of the time people say they wont. Im going crazy here.

mrpope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 09:27 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Part of the reason is that the hosting aspect of the clown/anenome relationship has as much to do with the type of anenome as it does with the clowns willingness to host. You can have a perfect match with the right clown and the right anenome based upon what is found in the wild and unless the clown wants to live in the anenime it wont. Its not like a guarinteed thing.

The book "Clownfishes" is a good reference for not only determining the right clown/anenome pairing but also information on clown behavor, socal structure and breeding.

Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Lots of people had have success with the BTA. Sometimes it can take 6 months for a clown to take an anemone as an host or sometimes they never will.

It took my juvenile CB true percs 30 seconds to jump into my BTA. I believe a good reason for why my percs took to the BTA so quickly is because at a very young age they were in the grow out tank with several BTA's. BTA's became a thing that the percs recognized as saftey.

Here is some info on anemones http://www.carlosreef.com/AnemoneFAQ.pdf
Paintballs look like bubble gum
14G starphire,150W MH+32W act03,AquaClear 150 HOB filter, 75W EboJager, IceProbe chiller, Remora skimmer, closed loop SCWD mag5, auto toper-offer.
klam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:31 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
My wife has 2 captive-bred true percs in her tank. they host in her rose anemone
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote

anemone, clown, compatability

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com