So I got my GRUNGE today....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had my grunge in for 1 month now... and I have seen 2 TINY red worms, I THINK spaghetti worms in the sand, and... um... thats it. Oh.. I have seen a few tunnels against the glass.. maybe 3, and one of them was developing before the grunge!

I have seen some pods, or what I think are pods... I kinda thought pods were bigger. These things are tiny. Probably about 1/4 the size of this punctuation.... . TINY

All in all I wasnt impressed with what grunge did for my tank, and was certianly disapointed in the mess, and loosing my nice white sand!

have seen some pods, or what I think are pods... I kinda thought pods were bigger. These things are tiny. Probably about 1/4 the size of this punctuation.... . TINY
Sounds like you have copepods atleast. Amphipods are generally larger, about 1/8-1/4 inch.

Seepu..... I added Garf Grundge to my tank a little over a month ago, too. Have seen a few small worms, no pods or microstars. But, what a mess it made! Lots of empty shells and shell pieces, a few small rocks, nothing larger than half an inch. The money I wasted would have been better spent on a few extra pounds of quality live rock.

<shrug> I kinda liked the 'natural' look of the shell pieces and what not... personal pref I spose.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I would have liked some shells and such... What I got looks just like smashed up redish slate, with mud. I haven't seen any marine substrate that looks like this. It is almost rectangular in shape, imagine a flat, square-ish bacon bit. I tried to mix it in with my exsting sand, but these pieces being larger, tend to settle on top.

Oh well. Live and Learn.

I got a good bit of those bacon bits myself... was very curious as to what is was...
heh
mmmm bacon...

LOL.. ya... I LOVE bacos!

I really think it's slate... I use various colored slate in my cichlid tanks, and the chips that come off of it when I break it to manageable pieces looks just like this.

Back
Top Bottom