SO....is my bubble tip dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I posted a couple of threads about my gbt earlier this week. Well, It's really not looking good now. It's still firmly attached to the rock but, it looks like its mouth is open. Any suggestions???

Attachments

• Gbt1.JPG
    Gbt1.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 152
amm..0ppm nitrites..0ppm nitrates...5ppm water temp...78F salanity...1.025
cal...440 alk...9.1 4bulb 96watt T5...brand new ATI blue plus 20 gallon tank
little over a year old. It was doing great until about a week ago when it moved to the back of the tank. I did a large water change and that's when it moved.

Then whatever was in that water change is what happened. Perhaps a bad batch of salt, or some settling in the batch you have. Regardless of your test results, something is not right. You don't see anemones dying of old age very often.

I've been using the same batch of salt for about a month and have done several water changes with no ill effects on anything. Is it possible to save it or does it look too far gone.

My bet is on the large water change. Nems don't like change much. Everytime I top off, mine get pissed off. Just try to keep things stable for a while. I'm sure it will bounce back. However, your nitrates are a bit high. Cut back on feeding and do smaller, more frequent water changes.

Well, it sure didn't look like that before. I'm in agreement with everyone else. We might not know, or ever know, what is upsetting this guy. But with large water changes we can either remove what is upsetting it or dilute it down to where it won't be effecting it.

Well, it sure didn't look like that before. I'm in agreement with everyone else. We might not know, or ever know, what is upsetting this guy. But with large water changes we can either remove what is upsetting it or dilute it down to where it won't be effecting it.
+1

Yes, it can be saved.

Back
Top Bottom