So much room for improvement!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been compiling a list in my head of everything wrong with my reef tank. I want it to be a perfect show tank. Don't get me wrong, none of the fish are sick and I've got some beautiful coral specimens in there, but there's just some things that take away from the beauty. Any ideas on fixing these would be appreciated.

1) Hair algae.
- I bought a sea hare to help, but he's not doing much. Still having to manually remove.

2) Zoanthids not spreading.
- Coral dipped the new arrivals, removed several nudis and egg sacs, but haven't seen any growth in months.

3) Mantis Shrimp
- I know he's in there, I hear the snapping every time I feed and at night. Been FW dipping rocks, but only found worms and xanthid crabs.

4) Pulsing Xenia
- Oh, silly me thought it would be a good "first coral." Now I'm removing it once a week because it's taking over the tank. :facepalm:

5) Gorgonian Health
- I've got 3 gorgs, all of which have had the hair algae attach and kill off the tissue. They eat well, but still worried they might completely die off.

any ideas are welcome! :thanks:

I think the rock boring crabs are mistaken for mantis shrimp. I would cut the xenia off of the rock and kalk paste the stub, just like you would aptasia.
Some zoanthids are very slow growers. Especially some of the rarer ones.
Higher flow for the Gorgs?

Back
Top Bottom