so strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supafreak

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi all. this is my first post.
While doing a water change on my 33g salt tank tonight, i noticed that there were long white stringy things coming from the little red prickly things that grow on my live rock (don't know what the red growths are, but up till this point i wasn't really concerned) The white stuff is so aggressive that when i took a turkey baster (i'd just finished feeding my enenime) and blew water at it, it blew off, then was back within about one minute. What the heck it this stuff, and how do i get rid of it? It is really all over my tank! I'v had the tank for 9 months, and it was a well established tank before i aquired it. I'v had no problems, and like to think it's in pretty good condition. It gets almost no natural sunlight, and has just the white, and blue marine glow lights

can you elaberate on them? what is the stringy white stuff? are they feeding? all at the same time? i'v NEVER seen this in the 9 months i'v had the tank

wow, looks like you nailed that one. so wierd that they were all doing it at once. Maybe they were stressed from the chemistry change when i did the water change or something. anyways, thanks

Back
Top Bottom