soap in my biocube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidmaguirre

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just moved my clam because it fell off of a rock it was proped on and I just finished cleaning my hands with soap I wasn't thinking and I put my hand in the tank when my hands were still wet from washing them with soap! I have a lot of coral and a sixline wrasse.. will everything be alright!? When will I notice if something is wrong?): plz help me!):

If you are using charcoal then change that and keep an eye on your skimmer if you have one.

Rutrag said:
If you rinsed your hands well, I think you'll be fine.

I hope so thanks for the support I checked the tank in the morning and everything seems fine?

You have nothing to worry about. Unless you literally dumped a bar of soap or several pumps of liquid soap in your tank, you'll be fine. A trace amount of soap won't do diddily jack to your tank.

I am one of these better safe than sorry especially when there are invertebrates in the tank. If your corals start to recede or close up then you will want to do a water change.

Back
Top Bottom