Soft Coral Care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a some Zoos, cabbage leather and polyps like green star and yellow polyps.

My understanding thus far is that lighting is the main source of food (photosynthesis) and I have a new T5 setup on the way (2x80w daylights, 1 80w blue, 1 80w purple and 2 LED moonlights).

The question is... should I periodically add an additional food source like phytoplankton and/or marine snow?

What about Iodine or other elements? Or is my IO reef salt comprehensive enough?

I add iodine everyday to my tank. As far as feeding the corals it is always good to give them something. It does not have to be everyday but atleast once every couple of days.

I do belive regular water changes are good enuf. Adding iodine, something that you can't test for to see it you've got too much or too little can cause problems. Phyto and smow can foul your water quickly and kill off a lot of stuff. Just not worth it to me. Maybe once a week or so.

Do not add iodine IMO.

Back
Top Bottom