soft coral help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello all when i get my reef set up i plan on keeping giant green duncan polyps button polyps taro tree coral and mushrooms I've read around online but im still confused how nd what would i feed them how would i acclimate them etc thanks for the help

Your duncan is the only one that may need to be fed I watch mine when I feed my fish and if they don't get food I target feed them once a week. You will be able to tell when it eats it closes up in a ball. When you clean your glass you are actually releasing food for the other coral in the tank so no reason to feed them. Make sure there is no chemical warfare between your duncan and your leathers.

Duncan Coral

I have never target fed my tank in 13 yrs now. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. The only coral I had to feed is orange sun polyps I had. That`s only because they dont benefit from the lighting.

With the Nova extreme you *might* be able to keep a green birdsnest, but I'd watch it carefully. And only placed at the top

iDreamInSaltwater said:
Yeah go ahead. Add it later when you're tank is established though

yeah after cycle etc im gonna add two false percs or two gobbys wait a month or two to stablize and then start with button pollyps

Sounds like you have this planned out! That's definitely a good thing. As I'm sure you will keep the cycle posted with us here so we can help if you run into any trouble.

Obviously you're getting a test kit before you're cycle right? API SW master?

Of course it is lol. I'll take a look here in a sec for you

I see it on fosterandsmithaquatics.com (very reputable, the same business as liveaquaria) for about $16 right now, on a sale. Not sure on shipping though

Back
Top Bottom