Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-06-2003, 03:15 PM   #1
Soft corals only - safe fish

For a live rock, live sand tank with only softies (mushrooms, leathers, polyps), no inverts, any butterfly fish or angels you would suggest?
Old 12-06-2003, 03:24 PM   #2
Butterfly fish NO way.. I have no Idea about the Angels but no way on the butterflys.. They would eat the polyps and leathers for sure..

Old 12-06-2003, 03:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via MSN to possum Send a message via Yahoo to possum
with the angels i think it is 50/50 chance so its your call

i agree i would probably stay away from the butterflies
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 04:43 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
I agree with possum about the Angels about being "hit or miss". I have a Coral Beauty, and it doesn't pick at the corals at all. It will go right up to them and appear it is getting ready to nip, then it backs off and goes elsewhere.

But then I have read about others who have dwarf angels, and they have torn apart their sessile inverts. Who knows...
Biggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 09:03 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Only butterfly that is reef safe is the "big long nose". There is a very similar fish the "long Nose" but that one is not. Be careful to differentiate the two. Very similar, major differences are:

Pecular is more square cut on the "good" one
Underbelly has black dots on the "good" one.

Not all LFS staff is aware there is even a difference. I have one on order and in determining if the one they (LFS) had was the one I needed or not. I checked some reference information with them specific to this species. HTH 8)
Happiness is defined by the joy we bring to the lives of others, for without that, we ourselves cannot be.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, corals, safe, soft, soft corals

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com