Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to HoCkEyGmC
anther 1, do bangaii cardinals change colors according to their mood? cuz yesterday he was really pale then vibrant now hes brownish. or is it their surrondings or somehting. or stress level or like territoral stuff?

Old 09-26-2008, 06:20 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I dont know the answer to that. It could be stress or territorial. Someone else will have to chime in on this question

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:38 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoCkEyGmC View Post
10 ohh, doubt that =]
You might want to bookmark this post so you can chuckle about this comment later down the road!

Regarding the Bangaiis... I've never really noticed mine changing colors at all. Some fish will be a little splotchy colored when they get stressed, or a little faded when the lights first come on... but I've never noticed these things with the Bangaiis. Or maybe mine is just mellow...
Old 09-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

well i still have a boring 3 gal so when they start to spread really good, ill send em over to it. what makes u think that ill have a ton? also the bangaii is a much lighter brown than earlier.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

hmm, i got home 2 nite and my brain was shrivled up. so as im observing, this orange stuff is spit out of its mouth. almost stringy, silky, rust red, "stuff". anyone?
i also seem to have what people have identifyed as an orange ball mushroom on my glass. 3 inches or so away from all of the rock.
thanks!
Old 09-27-2008, 01:13 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm assuming you're talking about an open brain like a Trachyphyllia. Sounds like it's... well... pooping, for lack of a better description. It's gotta get rid of the undigested stuff somehow, and it's only got one hole. So what goes in must come out. And it normally doesn't look very happy just before and after it does it.

Quote:
well i still have a boring 3 gal so when they start to spread really good, ill send em over to it. what makes u think that ill have a ton?
These are my four mushrooms in my tank 10 months ago...

This is tonight...

And in reading posts here and on other boards, it's rare to find a post saying "I just can't keep mushrooms alive", but you'll often find posts saying "How do I get rid of these things once they're in my tank!!!" Don't get me wrong... I love them and would recommend them to anyone. But they do have a tendency to become somewhat weed-like.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:04 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

id love a ton of em, i have no blue in my tank except for the 1 i got.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Your brain coral may also expel like that when it is stressed. Keep an eye on it chances are Kurt is correct and it is just getting rid of waste.
Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

thanks! now, im thinking 1 more fish and i want this 1 to be vibrant and active. im thinking a chromis, psuedochromis, or a flame angle. or anything pretty active to liven up my fairly still tank.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

ohh and i just thought of a possible reason for the fish not being as lively as i'd hoped, could it be warm temperatures? ohhhhhh or could it be fluxuating temperatures? cuz the halides make the tank raise upto around 83 and then at night it goes back down to around 79-80. regardless if it affects the fish, i know i need to fix this. but how?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com