some questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You really want to limit the swing to 2 degrees or less. The best way is to have your heaters set to keep the tank at 79-80 at night and have air moving around the tank during the day to keep it from getting too hot.

yeah, ive been meaning to get timers and fans and a heater. i also just did a water test and everything looked gread, except alkalinity, its at 3(units?)((dkh?)). it should be higher rite?

sry for all the posts but i got another1. will my mushroom fry under my halides, or will it do better under them? my1 rite now looks so good that i think im going to gea 5 more, they have a $5 for loose mushroom thing goin on rite now and 5 loose ones for $20. idk if its a good deal or not but i think so. also im eager to start stocking sps in my tank. im thinking a red monti cap, purple polyp: pink birds nest, and a blue acorpia. howz it sound? oh yea and what do you think about a flame angle or chromis? and what about the plankton feeding? and star? and dust algea?

I don't think I would put a Flame in your tank. They are suggested for tanks of 30g or more but would be happier in 55+.

I wouldn't worry too much with plankton feedings in your tank either. Most everything you have in your tank will get what it needs from the water column.

k, but would a chromis be good? or what should i get instead? i have a pretty lame cuc too. what else could i add? i just got back form one of my not so L FS's. i saw a few things, a very small white pincussion urchin, a white BTA, a crocea clam, and a few other things. so since all the fish are almost finished, i figured that now its time for the inverts, what out of the ordinary ones could i get? i ended up getting a "halloween" hermit 2day. so im thinkin the white bta, a clam, a marbal star, a small pincussion urchin, and chromis for the near future.

Anemones need established tanks and I wouldn't suggest one until your tank is near the 1 year mark. The chromis would be fine but there are a lot of fish out there that are more interesting. You already have 4 fish in the tank so I would hold off before adding anything else. The star fish...ah...urchins are cool but can knock things over while they move about. They are algae grazers so if you don't have a food supply they wont do well.

yea im not planning on another fish for another 2 -3 weeks and what would u suggest for a neat 1? and im not too worried about the urchin, theres tons of algae and everything is very secure. and doea a white bta mean its sick/bleached or whatever? the star will be a learning expirence i guess. what other intresting inverts could i add?

along w/ that^, what about my alkalinity? its around 3dkh. will this be a problem? how do i fix it?

I'm thinking you mean 3 meq/l - that would be about 8 dkH. If you truly mean 3 dkH, that would be a problem, but I can't fathom how you could get it that low.

3 meq/l (8 dkH) is just fine. A good area to shoot for is 8-12 dkH.

That is pretty much the same answer I was going to give.

I really think you should sit back and let your tank be for a while. Adding more and more stuff is just going to create issues. Let things be right now.

The anemone being white is a sign of stress or illness and could lead to death. Not a good thing.

well back to other stuff, i have noticed that for about an inch above the sand there are green algae specks everywhere and i cant get them with a mag or the sponge on a stick thing. how should i go about removing this? so wait on the anemone, how bout a clam? wait another month or 2? i dont think ill get anything except a few mushrooms next time i go to the lfs cuz i dont really know what to get next. other than coral. im putting a vid of the tank on youtube rite now btw.

Is this a glass nano or acrylic? I use a razor blade to remove the "green" when I am working in the tank. It usually appears in the areas I can't get my magnet cleaner to work. Along the sand bed and in the corners of the tank.

I would wait on adding anything other then corals.

could i use one of those plastic scrapers? so t sounds like inverts and corals for now? ill prbly start workin on my 3 gallon soon. not sure what exactly my plans are for it though

i kno to wait and everything for the anemone and i will but why? what is it that makes it so i should wait another 6 months? stability, water quality, or what? just wonderin.

As your tank ages the system will become more and more stable. You will also learn how to handle and maintain the tank. Anemones depend on near perfect water conditions and excellent lighting. They will not be happy in a new system. Time and time again I read posts where people have put them in 3 week old tanks only to have to fish them out after about a week be cause they are dead.

Almost all inverts require pristine water conditions. Let your system age and you will not have any issues.

Back
Top Bottom