some questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hollywood11892

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i have algea on just about everything i can get it off the glass pretty much with the glass magnet, but having so much on the sand and rocks is bothering me alittle i dont mind some but its too much, would adding a protein skimmer to get soem nutrients out help? and on a side note is there any way to glue frags to the rocks while they are underwater because my hermit keeps knocking it over. thanks

You need to tell us more about your tank like how long its been up, feeding routine, flow, water change schedule, bioload, ect... Pictures would help us to identify the type and help you treat it.

well its a 54 corner with a 10 gallon sump, its been up about 3 months now, high flow all over the tank, change the water about 20 percent every wensday, bioload is lower now just a pair of clowns, 2 firefish and a watchman goby, usually there is 2 damsels in there too but they are in quarintine, and i have a few diffrent types of algea, green red and brown not sure of the specific names.

how much/often are you feeding? a picture would help but sounds like cyanobacteria by color the fact you say its also on the sand bed. This kind of stuff is pretty common in the first 6 months of tank life but a skimmer will help remove excess nutrients. That said I have never had one on my 75 reef so it can be solved by feeding less, more water changes, better flow, and time.

Back
Top Bottom