Some Reef Tank Humor...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a kick out of this...although my gf was freaking out saying 'stan' was going to die...lol. I thought it was pretty funny. So I just happened to glance at my tank when I was on the way out the door and noticed 'Stan' my sixline wrasse was nose down veritcal to the bottom...stuck in a snail. Yeah...apparently the snail had fell and was upside down trying to right itself and he nipped at it...it of course...sucked in and slammed the door so to speak...and had taken the sixlines upper jaw with it. So I plucked him out...and after he thrashed around a bit...tried pulling...he was stuck...I ended up doing minor surgury...lol. I had to take a pair of wire cutters and trip the shell back enough to get some tweezers in there to pry the door open and release my fish while trying not to gouge out his eye...he had a fat lip of sorts for about a week...but all is well now. We'll see if he learned his lesson...take care!

imgp3322.jpg

imgp3326.jpg

LOL! Great story! Good job, who would have thought a wrasse woulf need a rescue from a snail!?!? LOL!

Back
Top Bottom