SOMEBODY KILL ME!!! Dino problemd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ibrahim

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm having major problems with dinoflagellates that's been going on for over a month and a half now. I first got it in my 5g so I tore it down and upgraded to an 8g 2 weeks later... It didn't go away so I added a refugium with grape Caulerpa and chaeto to help remove excess nutrients. It's been a month since and hasn't left. I scrub the $*** out of the rocks every 3 days and do 2-3g water changes. So I upgraded to a 25g and there was barely anything left on the rock before I moved it. Now it's back. I hate it soo much and it's killing my clean-up crew. Are there any products out there to help or anything at all to help. I just want to yank my hair out.
Pics

Lower your light duration,get your nitrate levels down, and siphon every day...

circus clowns said:
Lower your light duration,get your nitrate levels down, and siphon every day...

My lights are currently 10 hrs so I drop it to 4hrs. But my nitrates are 5 because of the refuge

Siphon every time you can to keep the levels down, with the light down to 4 hours, and low nitrate ( which means dont feed livestock to much), and may be a little carbon, should clear up in a while

Back
Top Bottom