Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Something is wrong with my tang

My tang is just sitting above the sandbed just not moving it looks like he is breathing heavy is there something wrong

Old 08-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Yes. Fish do this behavior as they are dying. What are the current tank parameters? Size of the tank? How long has it been running? Was it cycled?

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
Yes. Fish do this behavior as they are dying. What are the current tank parameters? Size of the tank? How long has it been running? Was it cycled?
Well everything is correct for the parameters. My tank size is 65 gal and this tang is a kole tang. It's been running since last year. I think I need more flow and this tang is a reef
Old 08-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sorry to hear about your tang. Is he stressed?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

How long you had the kole? Any prior odd behavior?
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamandan View Post
Sorry to hear about your tang. Is he stressed?
Looks like it😨 but if he dies I'm not looking down I'm going to keep going on sw don't give up
Old 08-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

You can still save him if you can give enough info to help diagnose if he is being stressed. How big and how old is your tank, when did you put the tang, are there any other fish? Do you have power head to agitate water surface? If possible post your water parameter. It could also be parasites clogging his gills.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffaquarius View Post
You can still save him if you can give enough info to help diagnose if he is being stressed. How big and how old is your tank, when did you put the tang, are there any other fish? Do you have power head to agitate water surface? If possible post your water parameter. It could also be parasites clogging his gills.
Yes i finally have 2 nice power heads for surface agitate. So I will see if he makes it I saw him swimming a little so hope it not to late. I had my tank up for a year with coral I have a trigger 2 dams a Morton clown tank is 65 gal and this flow is good for the corals so I will keep y'all updated if he makes it.🙏
Old 08-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

"parameters are good" isnt really a sufficient answer. We need actual numbers. If ever there was a time to run a full battery of tests on your tank, its now. Test for everything. It doesnt matter if you think its ok or not the cause, just do it. At this point we dont know whats caused the death of your tang and it very well could be still in there. Id post all the test numbers here if possible
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
"parameters are good" isnt really a sufficient answer. We need actual numbers. If ever there was a time to run a full battery of tests on your tank, its now. Test for everything. It doesnt matter if you think its ok or not the cause, just do it. At this point we dont know whats caused the death of your tang and it very well could be still in there. Id post all the test numbers here if possible
Yeah my tang died this mourning.😢my parameters. Ammonia 0, PH8.3, nitrite no2 0, nitrate no3 0 . So yeah there's my test all came out good. But as I was saying I didn't think he was getting enough oxegen in my tank. I bought to good wave makers yesterday night I pointed them to the surface for agitation but it was to late. So I'm sure it was air also he was stressed when I brought in an angel in my tank I seen the parasites but quickly fought it off like nothing so I'm blameing the stress and oxegen.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com