Something is wrong with my tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tang is just sitting above the sandbed just not moving it looks like he is breathing heavy is there something wrong

Yes. Fish do this behavior as they are dying. What are the current tank parameters? Size of the tank? How long has it been running? Was it cycled?

Well everything is correct for the parameters. My tank size is 65 gal and this tang is a kole tang. It's been running since last year. I think I need more flow and this tang is a reef

You can still save him if you can give enough info to help diagnose if he is being stressed. How big and how old is your tank, when did you put the tang, are there any other fish? Do you have power head to agitate water surface? If possible post your water parameter. It could also be parasites clogging his gills.

You can still save him if you can give enough info to help diagnose if he is being stressed. How big and how old is your tank, when did you put the tang, are there any other fish? Do you have power head to agitate water surface? If possible post your water parameter. It could also be parasites clogging his gills.

Yes i finally have 2 nice power heads for surface agitate. So I will see if he makes it I saw him swimming a little so hope it not to late. I had my tank up for a year with coral I have a trigger 2 dams a Morton clown tank is 65 gal and this flow is good for the corals so I will keep y'all updated if he makes it.?

"parameters are good" isnt really a sufficient answer. We need actual numbers. If ever there was a time to run a full battery of tests on your tank, its now. Test for everything. It doesnt matter if you think its ok or not the cause, just do it. At this point we dont know whats caused the death of your tang and it very well could be still in there. Id post all the test numbers here if possible

"parameters are good" isnt really a sufficient answer. We need actual numbers. If ever there was a time to run a full battery of tests on your tank, its now. Test for everything. It doesnt matter if you think its ok or not the cause, just do it. At this point we dont know whats caused the death of your tang and it very well could be still in there. Id post all the test numbers here if possible

Yeah my tang died this mourning.?my parameters. Ammonia 0, PH8.3, nitrite no2 0, nitrate no3 0 . So yeah there's my test all came out good. But as I was saying I didn't think he was getting enough oxegen in my tank. I bought to good wave makers yesterday night I pointed them to the surface for agitation but it was to late. So I'm sure it was air also he was stressed when I brought in an angel in my tank I seen the parasites but quickly fought it off like nothing so I'm blameing the stress and oxegen.

Yeah my tang died this mourning.dde22my parameters. Ammonia 0, PH8.3, nitrite no2 0, nitrate no3 0 . So yeah there's my test all came out good. But as I was saying I didn't think he was getting enough oxegen in my tank. I bought to good wave makers yesterday night I pointed them to the surface for agitation but it was to late. So I'm sure it was air also he was stressed when I brought in an angel in my tank I seen the parasites but quickly fought it off like nothing so I'm blameing the stress and oxegen.

So yeah that's what's up with my tank

how logn has the tang been in there for and how big was it. could have jjust been stress from a cramped environment, could have not been eating there are many possibilities that could have caused it to die, the only info you have given us was the parameters but doesn't tell us what type of water used if ther was copper or chlorine in it. maybe the tang picked up a pebble and it got stuck inside it.

if it was just air a fish isn't stupid and will migrate to the surface to get air. you said it was on the sand bed so i'm ruling out the air.

did you see any nips on it from beign picked on?

how logn has the tang been in there for and how big was it. could have jjust been stress from a cramped environment, could have not been eating there are many possibilities that could have caused it to die, the only info you have given us was the parameters but doesn't tell us what type of water used if ther was copper or chlorine in it. maybe the tang picked up a pebble and it got stuck inside it.

if it was just air a fish isn't stupid and will migrate to the surface to get air. you said it was on the sand bed so i'm ruling out the air.

did you see any nips on it from beign picked on?

Well yes I seen nips on him when he was just staying right near the sand bed. I have a trigger 2 dams and an angelfish. Also I buy my saltwater for the to water I go to woodmans to get that. That's all I can give you.

Your best bet at this point is to just hold steady and not add anything or change anything, continue with your regular maintenance schedule. After 4-6 weeks, if nothing else develops these symptoms the. You should be good to go

Your best bet at this point is to just hold steady and not add anything or change anything, continue with your regular maintenance schedule. After 4-6 weeks, if nothing else develops these symptoms the. You should be good to go

Ok I will do so

The problem with drip method acclimation is that the bag will cool down after an hour and the fish will be stressed out once moved to DT. The sump is a good place to put the bag for drip method.

Why not buy a 2.5-3 gallon plastic bucket, then put the new fish in the bucket, then start drip acclimating him, this is what i do and ive never had an issue

Back
Top Bottom