Something Nifty About the LFS..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hypostomus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was talking to a girl who worked there the other day while my mother was looking at the SW fish to see if they had anything that would go in our 20g ("Can we get this one? *points at clown trigger*"). I found out that they hadn't gotten anything new this week so we were looking around at the remnants of a shipment from two weeks ago. She said they would get a new shipment in this week and would call me if they got in some of the fish I was looking for (specifically a six-line, filamented flasher, or banded possum wrasse).

They actually had a filamented flasher but it was in pretty bad shape. She said it had been moved around a lot and one of the fish in the tank it was in currently might be nipping at it (the tank had neon gobies, clownfish, another kind of goby, and something else I don't remember). She said if they get in a new one she would call me.

Then she mentioned that on every saltwater fish and organism (including the plethora of anemones and other weird things they sell there), the customer can request (or usually the store just does it and then explains) that the animal be held for five days. If the store or the customer notices any negative developments in five days, they refund your money and put the fish into a more restricted quarantine in the back, where it cannot be sold.

I think it's a precaution because the majority of their SW shipments sell in the first two days, but I still thought it was pretty cool. It's also handy for me because they hold my trade-in fish (FW) for five days before actually giving me the credit.

Just thought I would share. Do a lot of (good) stores do this..?

My LFS doesn't want anything to leave unless it's been there for 14 days.

Back
Top Bottom