Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Soo.......I'm an idiot....

I have a tang that has developed signs of ich. Needless to say in my 180 I could not catch him to treat so without removing all fish I saw no point in removing any. Today I decided I would try paraguard. ...
.so now you agree with the title. My gut said don't do it but guess what. I did. Not a full dose just about 2 thirds I would say. Hoping to give the tang a chance. Well within five minutes ALL of my coral looked like they were laying on a sidewalk in the middle of summer. I moved as many as I could to my son's tank where they will be nipped by an angel and damsels but I figure that's better than what appears to be certain death. What are the chances for what is left in my tank and how long until I can hopefully move any survivors back in???? I have my skimmer going nuts and fresh carbon on the tank. Should have 30 gallons of Ro ready for morning. Any other suggestions to help remove this crap and hopefully save some coral...........

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

bkushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
That's a tough call on how long it will be or even if the corals can be saved. I would definitely keep a close eye on ammonia though as the malachite green that's in the paraguard can be harmful to inverts.

Mebbid's Fishtopia: Various builds
"The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations." -Occam's razor
Mebbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
That is so sad! I hope you can save your pets. I'd try and change out as much of you water as possible. Best of luck to you, keep us posted😔

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
lstimpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com