Sources for a clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsPeel

Aquarium Advice Freak
Things have been going well for my 29g. I was thinking about getting a clean up crew for my tank. Right now the LR is still curing in my tank, but I was thinking about potential cleaning crews to get. When it comes to future fish for my tank I was going to get a Percula Clown, Firefish Goby and maybe a chromis.

What kind of cleaning crew would you suggest? And what are some good places to shop around for a crew online? I was thinking 10 each of Nassarius Snails and Cerith Snails. And from there I am pretty much at a loss.

I don't want to add the crew until I catch the mantis shrimp (my goal for a week) and until my rocks from hirocks come. By the time everything is said and done I will have about 55# of LR in my tank. Should I be aiming for 1 critter per gallon? Or should I be following another rule of thumb?

Off to set traps to catch PIMA (the name I have given my mantis- Pain In My Arse, that little bugger is loud).

I would probably add, in addition to the nassarius and ceriths, about 5 nerite snails to start with. I like these better than the astreas...they are good algae eaters and they don't fall over as often. Although I can get all of these, I don't have any packages that small. If you don't find what you're looking for at a price you are happy with, PM me and I'll check with my collector to see if he'll do a small package. Actually, why don't you check with John at Florida Pets ( www.floridapets.com )...I expect he would help you out with these critters.

Thanks so much Logan. I have found in my research it is very hard to find small packages, but I will follow the link you sent. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom