Spiney Blue Lobster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LobsterParty000

Aquarium Advice Regular
Based on my name, you can possibly guess that my favorite animal is a lobster. I found a neat looking aquarium lobster online (link below) but the website didnt mention much on how to care for these beautiful creatures, so i call apon all of the experienced aquarists of the reefing community to aid me in my search for some information on these magnificent beings of the deep blue! Saltwater Aquarium Inverts for Marine Reef Aquariums: Spiny Lobster, Blue

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Aquarium Advice Mobile App

Liveaquaria did say how to care for him.
"It is peaceful and multiple specimens may be kept in a large tank. It generally will not bother other inhabitants of the aquarium, except for sessile or other bottom dwelling animals. Live rock with multiple crevices and hiding places would provide a good environment. It may be shy when first introduced, but once acclimated, will be more visible.

It is capable of making a sound that is very similar to a cicada (locust). It may perform a dance-like maneuver, whipping its long, split white antennae as it moves about the tank.

It will eat most all types of meaty foods that are placed in the aquarium. It is sensitive to high levels of copper-based medications. It is extremely difficult to breed in an aquarium."

Ok thanks a lot! Now i wanted to keep him in a 38 gallon but i dont know if that is best or not...

38g would be rather small since they can grow a little over a foot in size
i would point you more into the purple reef lobster as they grow to 6 inch
i have one and love it , you should hear it when he clicks his claws almost sounds like a gun shot

Oh sweet thanks for the suggestion, the spiney blue lobdter only grows to about 2-3 inches ive been told. But that sounds awesome anyway, what sized tank do you have? And could you send me a pic?

Oh sweet thanks for the suggestion, the spiney blue lobdter only grows to about 2-3 inches ive been told. But that sounds awesome anyway, what sized tank do you have? And could you send me a pic?

ill do you one better
heres the link to live aquara

blue spiney lobster it states 1ft 2 inch

Saltwater Aquarium Inverts for Marine Reef Aquariums: Spiny Lobster, Blue

who ever told you they grew to 2 or 3 inch were mistaken

now the red or purple reef lobsters they only get to around 6 inch

Oh yeah, i read 1-2 inches by mistake oops, well thanks for clarifying ill have to look up the lobster you mentioned

So how big is your tank and could i keep a purple reef lobster in a 38 gal.? If you could show me a pic of your tank/lobster that'd be great too. :p

i have a 90g
a 38 has a much smaller foot print not as wide or long
but a 40b would have enough room since it has a big foot print
heres a link to purple lobster
Saltwater Aquarium Inverts for Marine Reef Aquariums: Debelius' Reef Lobster

and a pict of my lobster he spends most his time in the rock work
img_3048687_0_fb7521228d63ccf9d4eec89baabc7a8a.jpg

he is about 4 inches right now
this is a full shot
img_3048687_1_1ea3f9b6b7a322f4a64437dc80962282.jpg

Oh sweet setup bro, and thanks for the advice. Im gonna need to figure somthing out cause i need a lobster in my tank

Back
Top Bottom