Sponge care/propigation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ericwm

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had these sponges in my tank for a few months now, they just sorta showed up one day. I started off with one and now have around 6 or 7. I think they are pretty cool but they are only on one of my rocks. I was wondering if there is a way to spread them around to other areas or will they just pop up where they want. Is there something I could add/do to help promote their growth and spreading? One is probably an inch and a half in diameter now, does anyone know if these will get much bigger?

image-2230432058.jpg

that looks like a yellow encrusting sponge, they will slowly spread on their own, and my beliefs is you never add anything except water changes, thats all 95% of reefer need to do, but everyone dose for every thing under the sun, then things get out of whack and then they dose to try and fix the problem from the first dosing. Just let them go, I have one that is very bright yellow and another one that is more of a dull yellow.

I have some myself and as mentioned above they will be OK on their own. They are filter feeders and will draw food out of the water column. They look nice.

Yeah, I really like them. I hope they last in my tank. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom