sponges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scuba_steve

Aquarium Advice Addict
after i found out what type of sponges i have growing i have one more ?
if the sponges i have now are doing good would i be ok to buy some sponges or are they alot harder than the ones i have now?? which im guessing they are harder!!

I was interested as well, here is what Reeflady told me"There are many differences between different types of sponges & gorgonians.

Photosynthetic gorg's, as long as you provide adequate light and very good water flow, are relatively hardy.

Non-photosynthetic gorgonians require a lot of food, and are considerably harder to keep.

Sponges - many "hitchhiking" sponges do well in captivity. The more sought-after ones (blues, oranges, reds, yellows), can be more difficult to keep. The require a lot of food, and excellent water flow/circulation"

and here is what you told me when I asked the same question "read the new book from robert fenner called the natural reef invert ! great book with all ? answered "

heheheh to funny cause i left that book in florida for my brother to read and wanting to get it back for a while now heheheh

Yeah, I just got that book and a few others but haven't had much time to read due to finals and graduating from college in 12 days....or hopefully :lol:

well thanks for the info anyway !! i skipped over a few chapters due to me not thinkin i was even close to ready for such animals but things looking good and the lfs has a red branch type sponge i was lookin at :)

also good luck with the finals :)

Back
Top Bottom