Spotted Mandarin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just wanted to introduce everyone to the new addition to my tank. I picked up this Spotted Mandarin from my LFS yesterday. It had been in there for a while, but was starting to look a little skinny because I don't think the LFS has a pod population that could support this guy.

I acclimated him and he was looking great after being in the main for an hour. I did not QT him because of his feeding requirments and because apparently they have a strong resistence to parasites. I am still crossing my fingers though because this is only my second addition since a bad ich outbreak at the end of November.

Anyway, here are the pics. Sorry that they aren't in focus all that well, it was the best i could do last night. Will try again later.

tripper

Attachments

• spotted_mandarin_1.jpg
    spotted_mandarin_1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 213
Looks good. I believe Dragonettes have such a strong slime coat; they are very resistant to disease.

Looks good trip...is that from "pets plus"? If so, there are NO pods in their system lol. Good luck.

Actually, yes, it's from Pets Plus. I am usually hesitant to buy livestock from them because their tanks can get pretty bad sometimes but recently it looks like they have been taking better care of them. I had trouble deciding between this and a Green Mandarin, but i decided on this because I don't see them as often.

I am usually hesitant to buy livestock from them because their tanks can get pretty bad sometimes but recently it looks like they have been taking better care of them
I actually got both my anemones(3 now w/ the recent split), maroon clown, and yellow watchman goby from them. Over a year later they are all still w/ me so I can't complain! Good to hear they are taking better care of things though.

I have this theory that if it can live in a cesspool my tank can't be any worse, lol. I have yet to actually test this theory though! My LFS actually keeps an immaculate shop.

Back
Top Bottom