Spotted mandarin flipped out!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clownfish767

Aquarium Advice Activist
When i turned off my aquarium light my spotted Mandarin flipped out lol he started darting all over then after 10 min he started chilling again lol its his firsy night in this tank is this normal? or is he afraid of the dark:hide: ??

hes probly settling in if its his first day in the tank give it some time

Is this the new 30g or the old tank you had? He probably is just freaked out by a new home. :) I'm sure he'll come around

its the new one :) i bought 8k tigerpods and put them in there also. also they sleep haha just saying bc i thought he was dead and i poked him :/ lol he flipped again

is he ora trained? if not then you may have to add a constant supply of pods weekly to keep him alive

You know im honestly not sure.... haha i might be able to culture them..... any ideas? and can i train him?

How big is the tank? It is usually easier to train them if they are in their own tank, then transferred to the main.

lol and it's not sleeping, they hunt for bugs at night, they become very pale and even sometimes bury themselves in sand. Don't be surprised if he/she looks dead in the morning, they often do.

I started a pod tank for my scooter. I don't expect results for weeks though. I've thrown quite a bit of pods and lr and sand into a 10g tank. Added some scouring sponges to for them to live in.

Please tell me you got an ORA mandarin that eats prepared foods....

From what I hear a pod only eating mandarin can eat thousands a day. But you say yours eats pellets or frozne so you should be fine. Just make sure he eats once he's settled in.

A thousand a day? That would be a pile of pods bigger than the fish itself. They eat a lot of pods and I am sure you will do better with one that will eat frozen foods. I have given up on them as I find them too much trouble to keep. I like fish I can raise for 10 years or more and Mandarins rarely last me a year or two in a heavily pod infested 300 gallon reef.

Would be interested from the forum; how long have you kept a Mandarin alive?

Back
Top Bottom