spray bar target flow...questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansemacabre

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, after a little break, I'm back to working on my tank full speed. I got really busy for a while, but I'm back to the tank! Anyways, I'm creating the spray bar and I was wondering: I'm assuming multiple directions are encouraged, so I was thinking....

1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4

Pattern much like that long the length of the bar. 1s will face angled at the surface (not straight up, but more about...45° or slightly less from horizontal), 2s will face directly horizontal (towards the front of the tank) and 3s will face (probably at varying degrees out into the tankwork (like -30°, -50°, back to 30°, etc. 4s would face directly down at the bottom, to keep water moving down there. Does this sound like a good plan, or would anyone make other suggesstions before I drill holes into this thing. :) Much appreciation for your input.

Thats kind of what i did .But when drilling down toward bottom i found i had to use smaller holes or it would stir up sand .

Good luck Dewey

Back
Top Bottom