Spraydekor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
Spraydekor

Hiya guys i was looking thorugh my Animal House catalogue and saw this product:

l13225.jpg

"SPRAYDEKOR is a unique aerosol foam for modeling and creating backgrounds, aquascapes, scenery and caves for aquariums and vivariums. The foam scene is created outside the aquarium or vivarium, and can then be as intricately detailed as you desire. SPRAYDEKOR is useful for hiding aquarium equipment such as internal filters and uplift tubes. SPRAYDEKOR can be covered in gravel before it has dried for an authentic look. Your creation can then be silicone sealed into place. A 500 ml canister will cover 1.5 metres at one inch thickness. Full instructions are included. SPRAYDEKOR is inert, non-toxic and will not leach any toxic compounds into fresh or salt water"

I have seen a similar product used (Fossa, S. Nilsen, A., 1996. The modern coral reef aquarium. Volumn 1. Birgit Schmettkamp Verlang, Germany) on page 117, 156 and 157.

Was just wondering how long it takes to set etc

and whether any of you guys would use it in your tank for any thing?

a

Can't help with any technical stuff on it, never I've never seen it before. I would never use something like that in my tank ;)

Back
Top Bottom