spreading coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dadime69

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know most of u call Xenia, mushrooms, and Kenya trees weeds but how can I make mine spread like crazy I want it so any ideas

Xenia: well that did it on its own in my tank. The only way I can remove it from an area is to take a razor and cut it off the rock. If I simply use scissors it will just regrow back. I do like it, but they spread everywhere, even stick to the sand & glass for me...

Mushrooms: Well I haven't had a whole lot of luck spreading these. The one I had made a new one itself, but that was only one in about a year, not really weed speed. The one trick I did with another mushroom was to tear it from where it is stuck. It will stick to a new place and one will grow from where it was. I was one told if I take a mushroom, slice it up, and drop the pieces back in my tank, it'll spread. I never had the heart to try it.

Kenya Tree: Mine has dropped a piece and it grew where it fell on the rock. Since then I took sharp scissors, cut off a branch, and where it laid, it grew. I've done this a few times, and no real harm to the main coral. It shrunk down for a few hours, but bounced back.

Back
Top Bottom