SPS Coral Bleached then Browned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sanderson417

Aquarium Advice Activist
All,

I have had a Montipora undata for about a year and saw great growth under T5s. I recently moved to LEDs and I am pretty sure I fried the coral during a water change. The coral was wet but out of water as the water level dropped during my WC. As I added the new water the coral immediately bleached white. It is now turning brown. I have read numerous articles about brown corals. Some say it is coming back and adding zooanthe, some say it needs more light now, some say its dead. I would appreciate thoughts.

Thanks

How long did it take before it started turning brown? In general adding new zooxanthelle takes a little while. If it only took a few days then it could be algae growth on it.

It has been about a month. It changed was originally green and purple; then it immediately turned white when I exposed to it air and my LEDs; then after awhile it turned orange; now it's turning dark brown. I would say it took about 2-4 weeks to turn from white to orange/brown.

I had a monti turn white than brown I thought it was toast now it's starting to color up
it's been in the sand almost 8 months and doing good now I'm afraid to bring it up as it looks happy where it is
so give yours some time you may get lucky like I did

Back
Top Bottom