Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-21-2006, 10:48 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Why r u keeping the SPS section BB
I am trying to replicate the start (or end) of a reef, thats why the speratic rock work on one side and the very rocky section on the other. I like the look sand substrates, just trying to keep it a little different.

I guess bare bottom is the wrong description. its more like rocky substrate and it will transition into the sand region. So it really wont be bare, just no sand. Does this make sense.

Remember, chemical warfare happens no matter where they are in the tank. Be diligent with carbon and water changes.
I will keep this in mind. Thanks for the tip.

60gal reef in progress
75lbs Live Rock
40lbs Live Rock
AquaC Remora Protein Skimmer
Marineland penguin HOB Filter
4x65w PCF

1 - Percula, 1 - Blue-Yellowtail Damsel, 3 - Green reef Chromis

Rose Annenome; Anchor Coral
john0087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:33 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
One thing you have to be careful of is your BTA. It can still roam around and sting your corals. I'm sure you're already aware of this, but if you have a BB tank on one side with nothing but corals on that side, you may run into problems with the BTA traveling over there stinging things and knocking them over. Just something to think about.

ntswift is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, corals, softies, sps, sps corals, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com