SPS growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cardinal3420

Aquarium Advice Freak
In everyones experience what is the average growth rate for most SPS corals such as acroporas. I know it depends on the type of acro but just in general what can I expect for a healthy growth rate. I have a small frag and am testing it out, just want to know what I can expect. I have strong waterflow up top where it's at, under MH and T5s 8 hours a day for MH, 12 for T5.

It not only depends on light but your calcium, alk and mag readings. A whole lot of variables out there.

Yeah calcium is at 440 dKH is 9 and mag is 1350, I'm using a 2 part dosing system, I'm just wondering what I can expect as far as monthly increases in growth or if the acros will be a very slow grow. oh also SG is 1.024 temp 79-80.

I'm just curious I guess as too the rate of growth. My montipora cap has growth alot in a few weeks. I feel like I baby my system and I keep a very close eye on my levels. I also just switched to filter socks that I change once every 2 days. As well I'm also using chemipure elite in the system.

It all depends. They all grow at different rates. I have some acros for example ora red planet in my tank that grows really fast. Then i have some others that grow really slow. Montis always grow fast.

If i had to put a number on it i would guess atleast an inch of growth a year but they are all different

In the ocean coral tends to grow 6 inches a year not sure in the home aquarium

Back
Top Bottom