Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Madreefer420
Yea all I can see is its either going to slow growth or produce a weaker structure. You cant build the same with less material think about how you would grow if you consumed minamal caladium growing up
That's exactly why I ask. Technically each polyp is a different animal living in a large colony so with less material to build with in theory (or atleast mine lol) they would have to build closer together. The tissues of the coral use more then just calcium to grow so if you kept the calcium high enough to stay alive but low enough to effect the corals consumption while keeping all other parameters in check wouldn't you have faster tissue to skeleton growth. Obviously I'm not trying to do this first hand this is more me just bouncing some thoughts around with fellow reefers haha. Also does anyone know of any good lectures/speakers I can find online for coral growth or identification

Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
The thing is though it just won't be able to build if it wants to grow to will grow. It may grow thick and dense or thin an pourus

Madreefer420 is offline   Reply With Quote

growth, polyp, sps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com