I am considering adding a refugium to my exsisting 180g mostly sps
. I have great color and growth and would be adding it for the other benefits like, nitrates and phosphate removal, live food source for corals and fish.
If any of you gals and guys out there using any MM or Zeovit, PLEASE chime in!
My questions are as follows:
1. Both systems seem to be basically the same. Has anyone changed from one to the other? If so why and did you like the change?
2. Did anyone experience a crash/ wipeout when they added the refugium?
3. Can either of these products be added to a sump that was not a purchased sump from the makers of the MM or ZV? If I can how much product do I use?
4. Does anyone run a powerhead for circulation inside the sump?
5. What kind of lights are you all running? Are you running it 24/7
6. Anyone having alk
7. Anyone running a ca
/reactor with the refugium and still having alk
8. Is anyone still using additives like cyclopeeze, brightwells zoo-plankton, etc.?
Currently I am running Berlin style with ca
/reactor and a phosphate reactor. I use carbon about three weeks after a WC
, for 1 week (4th wk), then I do my 35g WC