Stable live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheGrapeApe

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there any way to attach some love rock to one another to make it more stable?

There are a few tricks. I've used this stuff where you mix 2 kinds of clay for a lack of a better word and when the 2 combine the chemical reaction makes them harden. The LFS sells it in coraline purple so you don't see it as much. I held rock together with it.

Other people drill the rock and put a plastic rod down the middle to keep them together.

Superglue gel. Just brush off the areas of rock with a toothbrush where you are going to glue so it sticks better.

I prefer inexpensive superglue brand gel. 2 tubes for $1 at most $1 stores.

I'm new to frags you superglue the little rock thing it comes on to the live rock?

I'm new to frags you superglue the little rock thing it comes on to the live rock?
Several options there. You can glue the frag plug/disc on rock, wedge it between rocks, or get it off of the plug/disc and glue directly to rock. Or in the case of low light corals you can place it in/on the sand bed.

Back
Top Bottom