stacking lr for an octagon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarin man

Aquarium Advice Regular
well my new project is a 32 gal hex reef tank. but i think it would be really cool to have the live rock stacked straight up in the middle of the tank. i dont know if it is realistic but thats why im here. anybody have some experience doing this and any trick to stackin it straight up?

To do that you might have to use some super glue gel to keep it together. Never had a hex but that`s my guess.

easy
all you have to do is get some PVC pipe get a drill wil small drill bit some fishing wire
drill a small hole in the rock each rock for the base (use biggest first) then thread all of these rocks going around the PVC pipe and do this for each layer.
Obviously the idea is have enough LR so the PVC cant be seen and in time the PVC can be pulled out because of all the growth will bind them all together anyways.
and when the PVC is pulled uot you will have one reall big cave for the fish to flee to.
Good luck
post pics when you are done, always wanted to do an oct tank for this reason.

thats sounds pretty good kind of fool proof. i will def. try it and post pics i wont be setting it up for another couple of weeks due to financial needs lol of another new sw tank but im excited always wanted one like this. thanx

Back
Top Bottom