Stalking Red Legged Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chickers

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought 2 red legged crabs the other day and since I have introduced them in my tank one has continuously held the other down. When I have parted them and put them at separate ends of the tank, the aggressive one searches until he finds the submissive one and pins it down again. The aggressive one has been holding the other one down for nearly 2 days now. Is this some sort of territorial thing or could it be love. I'm really hoping that it is the latter. Anybody have any ideas. Thanks
Cheri

LOL....... I watched 2 hermits fight at the LFS yesterday for like 15 minutes, it was really funny.

sorry i can't answer your question though

Maybe throw some more empty shells in your tank? I tossed a bunch in mine last night and this morning one of the crabs had switched shells.

Sounds like mating to me. If they aren't fighting then it is likely to be part of mating. WWM has a post on this very topic (see my thread from early this week about mating red leg hermits) that I found very informative.

Back
Top Bottom