Stand Height?? What do you guys like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrrrkva

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I know your tired of me. I was debating between a 30 inch and 36 inch stand.

The tank is 30 inches deep and the canopy is 12 inches making tank 6 feet tall if I go 30 inches on stand or 6'6 if I go 36. I am only 5'6. Cleaning is going to be tough anyways on a 1/4 cylinder corner bowfront tank. But I want viewing to be priority. Do you guys have suggestions.

My opinion:

You're going to spend most of your time sitting down in front of your tank staring into it. Most new stands are 28". I thought 28" was too low. I thought I wanted a 32" high stand. Then, I took the foot stool that I planned on using to observe my tank, sat on it, and realized that, at 32" I would be looking up a lot. I realized that 28" was actually perfect for me (and I'm 6'2").

Take whatever you are going to sit on to view your tank, sit on it, and take some measurements. You can buy a cheap step stool to be able to reach into your tank; but, you're going to spend most of your time just looking at it. Pick a stand that gives you the best viewing height.

Matt, You have seen my 75 with the tall stand. In compairson to my 80 with the low stand.

Of course clams are best viewed from above so having a stand to high will make the jumbo clam of yours less colorful aswell.

I have found taller stands to be my preference now even though I need a 3 step steplader to do anything in my tank aside from the most simple.

I think it might give me more "working" room under the tank too! I might have to invest in a step ladder. If I go with the 4- 400 watters I could leave the "monster" I mean clam on the bottom and should still be able to look down on him.

Back
Top Bottom