star and flame angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a star fish and a flame angel in my qt tank they have only been together for 1 day this morning i worke up and about an/12 inch of one of the stars arms is ripped open I am asuming that he angel did it so i put the angel in the main tank is there any hope of them getting along in the main tank with live rock and all also is there anything i can do for my star fish thanks he is a red star

The star shoud regenerate himself, you may just want to leave him in the qt tanks and keep the water pristine.
When I first introduced my Map Angel in my main, she was picking at the stars. she soon got over that and I haven't seen her do it since. Just keep your Flame well fed.

now my stars hole leg fell off is he gonna die or will he regrow one thanks is it possible that this wa from something else as i did not see the angel eatting him just assumed thanks JEster

How is the water readings in you qt tank? Stars are sensitive to poor water conditions or improper acclimation. It is possible that the angel got him, I would keep an eye on him.
Keep the water quality pristine and you really need to finish your qt with the angel. You don't want to infect you whole tank if the Angel comes down with something.
If conditions are right, the star will regenerate.

water is great everything is perfect i only have the star in the qt now it is deffinitly possible the angel got him I just didnt see it thanks I hope my star pulls threw

by the way i did expose the star to air for a second just to put him in the tank how else can i put him in the tank without putting the lfs water in my tank thanks again

Back
Top Bottom