Star Polyps not opening!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JuanArti

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had my polyps for about 4 days and they haven't opened. When I first got them they open a little but after moving them around a little they haven't opened. Also I added two power heads. What's the deal? Here's a pick.

Attachments

• image-3274208658.jpg
    image-3274208658.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 164
i'm assuming they were open when you bpught them, what do you have for light setup, and what are your water parameters

No no I had them in as soon as I bought them and they were open in MY tank. Here's a pic. I moved them and they closed and they haven't opened since! I have LED lights 36x10k daylight & 12 actinic lamps. I'm not sure what that means but what ever lol

Attachments

• image-3807938635.jpg
    image-3807938635.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 181
Last time I check my water everything was perfect other than my calcium was a bit high, my magnesium was a little low and my salinity was a little high too.

Sniperhank said:
Sounds like a flow issue. The new spot has either more or less flow than the original placement.

Do gsp prefer strong or med flow?

My sand gets blown everywhere no matter where I place my ph. So sand would be a bad option for me.

Yeah I want them spreaded all around my rock so they'll prob be in the middle range of my tank.

Well when I got them I had no flow. I got my power heads two days ago an I got the gsp 4 days ago. I can't change the flow. I've tried everything. I put them in high flow, no flow moderate flow, on the sand and nothing. I put them somewhere it's moderate now and I'm just going to leave them alone.

Yeah, they'll prob come out sooner or later. Just let them acclimate themselves to the tank.

Still no signs of of opening. This is getting frustrating!

I think my lights might be to strong... They kind of beam into my tank. Would that affect things?

Attachments

• image-2594642842.jpg
    image-2594642842.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 94
Back
Top Bottom