Star polyps problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance75

Aquarium Advice Regular
For the past week or so. It doesn't bloom at all. All my other corals r fine. I did water change about 15 % weekly. And twice this past week.
It usually looks like this

image-2041457374.jpg

If all your parameters check out, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Mine does that every once in a while as well. It may hide for upwards of a week, maybe a few polyps peeking out a little it during the day, but then fully comes back out like nothing happened..... don't know why.

I have gsp and they do same thing.. Full bloom then one day only a few or half open( i have a large rock thats 3/4 covered...)

I hope it is on vacation mode. It usually pop out about 20 mins when my light is on until light is off. All parameters r good. All my other sps r great

What are your parameters? Nitrate and phosphate in particular. It's hard to tell but looks like Cyanobacteria growing on/near it. Have you tried blowing it off with a turkey baster or anything else?

Yes. I do get those Cyanobacteria bcz of too much lights. I do remove them frequently. Reason this is odd bcz I have a small star polyps right next to that big one and it blooming like usual. All the parameters r good.

Updating. It came to live again after a week of dormant :)

Back
Top Bottom