Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
That is awesome!!!! I'm trying to get mine to do the same thing. Lol I really don't want them on my rocks to much. The LFS here has lost some expensive corals in the 500gal dt from gsp invasion.

Ronin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:44 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Same with mine. Don't feel it's invasive as its growing very slow. My Anthelia is another story

Fish-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:46 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
My gsp is growing too fast and I find it a pain to get off the rocks it has spread to. Wish i had left it on an isolated rock or whatnot. Its pretty but its invading other corals fast. The back wall getting covered would look nice and possibly be easier to control. Hope yours does well.
Keithhjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:09 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
The stuff is definitely super hardy! I have it everywhere in my tank. After scraping it off it seems to come back. Seems like if you don't get every tiny speck off it comes back! So aggravating.
I'm trying to get mine to grow up the back wall as well. I've peeled it off of smooth surfaced rocks before very easily with my fingernails. I'm thinking it would be much easier to contain being on the glass. I had to isolate mine to one rock and I set it on the sand by the back glass and side wall. I think it would be cool to see it grow on the side glass as well! You could outline it with a marker and watch it grow outside the lines. Lol.
With it being on the back glass you could shape it however you want so it doesn't look like just a big blotch of green. Make it grow in lines, or shape it into a cool design... That's what I want to do with it anyway.

JLH-l3ioCub3 is offline   Reply With Quote

cree, polyp, polyps, star, star polyp, star polyps, started

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com