Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-18-2005, 01:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Starburst Coral growing like crazy

Ive had this starburst coral for like a year or so and it probably covers about 1/8 of my tank, its climbing the overflow walls in the back and just rolling over everything, whats the best way to control it, cut some of it off or what?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fish_tank_002_199.jpg (145.6 KB, 158 views)

Old 08-18-2005, 01:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd definitely say that wasn't a bad thing nor something you should worry about "controlling" unless it starts to cover your front glass. 8O Start fragging (breaking a piece of rock with some of it on it) and getting store credit at your LFS... or sell on Ebay or to locals. Either way, if you needed to add rock or another coral, you can pretty much just place the frag rock on top of it (not really suggested, but kinna required for your situation).

Old 08-18-2005, 01:39 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

alright thanks.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:53 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

want some cheese with that whine......

I wish I had your problem. I've been nurturing a tiny group of 5-6 green starburst polyps. They are not growing at all; in fact, I think they are dying slowing on me.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:39 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Re: want some cheese with that whine......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kle5701
I wish I had your problem. I've been nurturing a tiny group of 5-6 green starburst polyps. They are not growing at all; in fact, I think they are dying slowing on me.
kle5701, That was a bit crass. Star polyps are pretty much indestructible and spread like crazy. They are only second to xenya for being "weeds" of the marine tank. I would look into your water chemistry.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:14 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via AIM to floridareef125
you could probally try to use some Kent liquid reactor in your tank my polyps seam to love it in, about 6 months they have doubled in size and quantity.
if you arent al ready using RO water you shold probally try that for your water changes.

Tags
coral

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com