Starburst Coral growing like crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigTruck6o2

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive had this starburst coral for like a year or so and it probably covers about 1/8 of my tank, its climbing the overflow walls in the back and just rolling over everything, whats the best way to control it, cut some of it off or what?

Attachments

• fish_tank_002_199.jpg
    fish_tank_002_199.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 169
I'd definitely say that wasn't a bad thing nor something you should worry about "controlling" unless it starts to cover your front glass. 8O Start fragging (breaking a piece of rock with some of it on it) and getting store credit at your LFS... or sell on Ebay or to locals. Either way, if you needed to add rock or another coral, you can pretty much just place the frag rock on top of it (not really suggested, but kinna required for your situation).

want some cheese with that whine......

I wish I had your problem. I've been nurturing a tiny group of 5-6 green starburst polyps. They are not growing at all; in fact, I think they are dying slowing on me.

Re: want some cheese with that whine......

kle5701 said:
I wish I had your problem. I've been nurturing a tiny group of 5-6 green starburst polyps. They are not growing at all; in fact, I think they are dying slowing on me.

kle5701, That was a bit crass. Star polyps are pretty much indestructible and spread like crazy. They are only second to xenya for being "weeds" of the marine tank. I would look into your water chemistry.

you could probally try to use some Kent liquid reactor in your tank my polyps seam to love it in, about 6 months they have doubled in size and quantity.
if you arent al ready using RO water you shold probally try that for your water changes.

Back
Top Bottom