starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think most serpent stars are nocturnal and move around at nite. I`ve never had one but I `ve read that.

Mine mostly hid ... but would come out to take a piece of shrimp from my hands.

Mine hides most of the time. During the 6 months' I've had one, a medium sized one about 6" extended, I've gone months without seeing him, then suddenly, there he is. Then he'll dissappear for weeks again.

My chocolate chip star in my sump is always out and moving around. But he's not safe for the main tank.

Mostly hide during the day. Every one in awhile a tenacle appears to grab some food. I added some inexpensive moon lights and now see my sepeants and brittle star much more often. They are great for cleanup crew though. I could not believe how big my bittle star has become (large dinner plate).

Mine hides most of the time, but when it is feeding time, he comes out from wherever he is once he smells the food in the water. He does move around at night and is a great scavenger in my tank.

About once every two weeks, I'll put a piece of shrimp on the end of a feeding prong for him to take, but other than that, he catches the pellet or mysis that falls to the sand bed. he seems to be well fed and happy.

Back
Top Bottom