starfish dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dpdamewo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a starfish today and i did the drip acclimation before i put him in my tank. when i put him in my tank it looked like he was doing well for a little bit, but now it kind of looks like he is folding backwards. is he ok? if not is there anything i can do to help?

You have to give us much more information, how long has the tank been up, what type of water, parameters, other inhabitants, what type of starfish, lighting ect. When asking for help, these specs should be the first thing you post along with your question to expedite help. Its like going to a mechanic and telling him only that your car is making a noise, he needs much more information to try and find the problem. The more information you supply, the quicker the help will be. Give us more information so we can help you.

With my experience starfish are kinda hard to raise but a good hardy one is a tarantula star or brittle star

I have had the tank set up for about 6 months now. I use compact fluorescent lighting, I have 2 green chromis's, clown fish, lawnmower blenni, and a 6 line wrasse. Ill have to get back to you on more water parameters because i ran out of tests. However, the salinity is at 1.023.

Mines at 1.025 with pep shrimp coral shrimp 2 clowns 7 hermit and one bristle star

At the flea market we had a chocolate chip star it didn't last that long really don't know what happened

Back
Top Bottom